Click below to email me now
Click below to call me now
Do you feel like you are living with the consequences of bad parenting?
Do you think your parent might be a narcissist?
Do you think you were treated badly or unfairly during your childhood by your parent, and it’s left you feeling confused and with a low self esteem, but you don’t know what to do about it?
Does your parent still treat you badly even though you are an adult?
Maybe your parent has passed away, but you still seem to be affected by them and cant stop thinking about the way they treated you.
Have you been googling ‘narcissism’ and ‘toxic parents’ to try and figure out what’s going on with your mum or dad?
If so, then you might be feeling really alone and confused, frustrated and unable to see a way out or how things can change.
Hi I’m Mel
I am a fully qualified and experienced integrative counsellor and member of BACP offering counselling to individuals online.
I have experience in working with anxiety, depression, low self esteem, sexual abuse, addictions, confidence building, PTSD, and my specialist area is in toxic relationships and narcissistic abuse, particularly with a parent.
Would you like to understand yourself better and explore your responses to things, and why you say, think and do the things you do?
Are you having relationship difficulties with a parent, partner, friend or ex which you are struggling to understand or deal with?
My fees are: £45 per 60 minute online counselling session
Does any of this sound familiar to you?
As a child:
- You felt like you were never good enough
- You were told you were too sensitive or dramatic, that you shouldn’t get so upset about things, and that you should just get over it
- Your parent seemed wrapped up in themselves and their life
- Your parent didn’t seem to care about your feelings
- You felt like you were to blame if things went wrong or your parent was upset
- Your parent was very controlling and manipulative
- Your parent had an addiction or a mental health issue that took over their life, which meant you didn’t get the care you deserved
- You were made to feel bad or wrong if you got upset
- Your needs weren’t met
As an adult:
- You still feel like you are not good enough
- You feel confused, anxious, sad in your relationship with your parent
- You have a low self esteem and low self worth, you feel like whatever you do is never good enough, and you have a need to self isolate and self soothe
- You are still being told that you are too sensitive or dramatic, that you shouldn’t get so upset, and you should just ‘get over it’
- Your parent puts you down, and never celebrates your achievements
- Conversations go around in circles and leave you feeling guilty and upset
- You sometimes doubt your perception of events, and feel like you are going crazy
- You struggle to make decisions and have difficulty trusting your gut instinct or intuition
- Your parent never takes responsibility for their behaviour, instead blaming you or others for their problems or the way things have turned out
- Your parent is very critical, manipulative, controlling and tells lies
- They still don’t seem to care about your feelings or your needs
- Your parent mocks, belittles, and gets angry with you when you try to stand up for yourself
- You feel like you are the one parenting them
- You don’t understand your parents behaviour and you wonder if your parent might have a mental health issue, and you feel like you see a side to your parent that no one else sees
Counselling with me will help you to:
- No longer feel confused or questioning your parents behaviour
- Finally make sense of your childhood
- Learn what was really going on
- Learn why you feel the way you do
- Make sense of your experiences
- Learn new strategies on how to handle things with your parent differently
- Learn how to protect yourself from any future toxic relationships
- Learn how to like yourself and trust yourself again
- Regain that lost self esteem and self worth
- Feeling better, calmer, stronger, with a new sense of hope for a brighter future
I am a survivor of narcissistic abuse. I know what it’s like to be in a toxic relationship with a parent and grow up feeling confused and sad. I believed them when they told me it was all my fault, and that they treated me badly because I didn’t deserve any better. For decades the relationship left me feeling worthless and unlovable, and the voice in my head told me I would always feel that way. And yet I still loved them and forgave them, and allowed them to stay in my life.
Then one day I learnt the truth. I learnt that my parent was a narcissist, and that was the day my life changed forever. I no longer feel confused by their behaviour or blame myself for the way I was treated, and I have regained the self esteem and happiness that I should have been allowed to have when I was a child.
I went on a journey of recovery from narcissistic abuse and now I specialise in helping others do the same. I love to teach others the truth about their situation, and it brings me so much joy when I get to witness my clients go on the same journey and the freedom it brings.
I understand that making contact with a counsellor and meeting me for the first time can feel scary. You might not know what to say or how to explain what’s going on for you. Please don’t worry. I am very relaxed and friendly and I will be able to help you get to the bottom of what’s troubling you.
The Next Step
It’s easy to book some counselling with me.
Simply call or email, and I’ll get straight back to you.
Call me on 07849742795
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
My fees are: £45 per 60 minute online counselling session
Testimonials from some of my previous clients:
‘In the time I saw mel she helped me realise a lot about the situations I had been in for most of my life and made me realise it was normal to feel how I do’.
‘Going to see Mel is the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. I feel stronger every time I see her’.
‘I went to see Mel to do the six session program. It literally changed my life! I have emerged from the program feeling confident and empowered and able to stop people taking advantage of me. I really would recommend both Mel and the program’.
‘I feel like a computer that’s had a new anti-virus fitted’.
‘The field of toxic relationships and narcissistic abuse is an under resourced field. To have someone like Mel is amazing. I find her to be knowledgeable, empathic, and have a nurturing manner in which she enables her clients to explore this exceptionally difficult and challenging area’.
‘Counselling with Mel transformed my recovery after abusive father and husband. So empowering and healing’.
‘Mel helped me grow some balls, and I feel stronger after every session’.