Do you think your parent might be a narcissist?
Do you feel like you are living with the consequences of bad parenting?
Do you think you were treated badly or unfairly during your childhood by your parent, and it’s left you feeling confused and with a low self esteem, but you don’t know what to do about it?
Does your parent still treat you badly even though you are an adult?
Maybe your parent has passed away, but you still seem to be affected by them and cant stop thinking about the way they treated you.
Have you been googling ‘narcissism’ and ‘toxic parents’ to try and figure out what’s going on with your mum or dad?
Hi I’m Mel, I’m a counsellor in the UK and member of BACP and I have created a 6 week narcissistic parent recovery program that you can do with me online.
This program is for anyone that has been in a toxic relationship with their parent and would like to learn more about it and learn how to recover from the long lasting traumatic effects that the relationship has left you with.
The program consists of 6:90 minute psycho-education counselling sessions, over 6 consecutive weeks, that are structured in a way that will help you on your way to overcoming the effects of a toxic relationship with a narcissistic parent and getting your life back on track.
The program can be done with me online using zoom.
Does any of this sound familiar to you?
As a child:
- You felt like you were never good enough
- You were told you were too sensitive or dramatic, that you shouldn’t get so upset about things, and that you should just get over it
- Your parent seemed wrapped up in themselves and their life
- Your parent didn’t seem to care about your feelings
- You felt like you were to blame if things went wrong or your parent was upset
- Your parent was very controlling and manipulative
- Your parent had an addiction or a mental health issue that took over their life, which meant you didn’t get the care you deserved
- You were made to feel bad or wrong if you got upset
- Your needs weren’t met
As an adult:
- You still feel like you are not good enough
- You feel confused, anxious, sad in your relationship with your parent
- You have a low self esteem and low self worth, you feel like whatever you do is never good enough, and you have a need to self isolate and self soothe
- You are still being told that you are too sensitive or dramatic, that you shouldn’t get so upset, and you should just ‘get over it’
- Your parent puts you down, and never celebrates your achievements
- Conversations go around in circles and leave you feeling guilty and upset
- You sometimes doubt your perception of events, and feel like you are going crazy
- You struggle to make decisions and have difficulty trusting your gut instinct or intuition
- Your parent never takes responsibility for their behaviour, instead blaming you or others for their problems or the way things have turned out
- Your parent is very critical, manipulative, controlling and tells lies
- They still don’t seem to care about your feelings or your needs
- Your parent mocks, belittles, and gets angry with you when you try to stand up for yourself
- You feel like you are the one parenting them
- You don’t understand your parents behaviour and you wonder if your parent might have a mental health issue, and you feel like you see a side to your parent that no one else sees
This 6 week program is for you if you have been in a toxic relationship with your parent and you just want to make sense of it and make some changes.
Maybe you have tried to understand these thoughts and feelings, but they don’t make any sense and it leaves you feeling bewildered and believing you are the one in the wrong.
Maybe you have tried to talk to your partner or friends about your relationship, but they don’t understand either and they may even tell you that it couldn’t have been that bad.
Maybe you know that your parent treated you badly and unfairly growing up, and you know its affecting you now but you don’t know what to do about it.
You probably don’t know why your parent behaves the way they do, but you know its bad and you conclude they must be ill or evil.
Sometimes a parent can have a mental health illness like depression, borderline personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, or addictions, which unfortunately would have created a toxic environment for you to grow up in.
If so, then you might be feeling really alone and confused, frustrated and unable to see a way out or how things can change.
Doing the 6 week narcissistic parent recovery program will help you to:
- No longer feel confused or questioning your parents behaviour
- Finally make sense of your childhood
- Learn what was really going on
- Learn why you feel the way you do
- Make sense of your experiences
- Learn new strategies on how to handle things with your parent differently
- Learn how to protect yourself from any future toxic relationships
- Learn how to like yourself and trust yourself again
- Regain that lost self esteem and self worth
- Finish the course feeling better, calmer, stronger, with a new sense of hope for a brighter future
Price: £60 per 90 minute session
I am a survivor of narcissistic abuse. I know what it’s like to be in a toxic relationship with a parent and grow up feeling confused and sad. I believed them when they told me it was all my fault, and that they treated me badly because I didn’t deserve any better. For decades the relationship left me feeling worthless and unlovable, and the voice in my head told me I would always feel that way. And yet I still loved them and forgave them, and allowed them to stay in my life.
Then one day I learnt the truth. I learnt that my parent was a narcissist, and that was the day my life changed forever. I no longer feel confused by their behaviour or blame myself for the way I was treated, and I have regained the self esteem and happiness that I should have been allowed to have when I was a child.
I went on a journey of recovery from narcissistic abuse and now I specialise in helping others do the same. I love to teach others the truth about their situation, and it brings me so much joy when I get to witness my clients go on the same journey and the freedom it brings.
The next step
If this sounds like something you would like to do, then please email me with a brief reason why you would like to do the 6 week program and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
We will have a chat on the phone so I can ask you some questions and explain the program further. You can also ask me any questions you may have, and we can decide if the program is right for you. Check out the testimonial page to see what others have said about the program.
Price: £65 per 90 minute session